Changes to my study programme

Hello again!

Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)

In today's blog I want to focus on this particular topic, as it has historically been problematic in my faculty as in others at the university.  

I am an architecture student at the FAU (Faculty of Architecture and Urbanism) of the University of Chile. One of the aspects that characterize the Andrés Bello campus where the faculty is located, is the great inequality between the infrastructure of the different sites, which in turn responds to the careers that each place teaches. 

This is why the economics and engineering careers have a larger budget and is reflected in the quality of the facilities and furniture, one of the examples that most affects is the temperature of the rooms, since not all have the necessary equipment so that we do not freeze in the winter months and don't die of heat in the summer.`

 


Besides the fact that for a long time there was no proper study room, which was only implemented this year (I must say that it is nice and comfortable), the same happens with the elevator, also inaugurated this year. These are solutions that have been needed for years.

Finally I must mention the cafeteria, whose space is not adequate in any aspect, since it is very small, and therefore the tables do not reach inside, leaving everyone at the mercy of inclement weather. The truth is that the only thing that has been done are temporary solutions, but never anything definitive.


See you in the next blog!


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario